A roof rack can go by many names. Some brands call it a luggage rack, while others refer to it as a roof rail system. There's also the generic "roof carrier," as well as the more specific, "kayak rack" or "bike rack." Some automakers even manufacture custom ski and snowboard racks.
Whatever you call them, you probably already know what they do for a vehicle: expand its hauling abilities considerably. If you're not as familiar with what they are, though, we're here to help.
Why Get a Roof Rack?
There are three good reasons why having one is worth it:
- Their load bars are more resilient supports for cargo weight than a bare roof. That's because they're made of rugged metals such as stainless steel and aluminum, which have long since replaced yesterday's wood. Add crossbars, and you'll get even an even better weight distribution.
- They're easy to tie luggage to, thanks to anchor points galore. Just crank a winch over the top of your load, strap a bungee cord across it, or use some plain old rope and tie a trucker's hitch. Your gear will be secure, and you'll be ready to hit the road.
- They're some of the simplest ways to transport luggage. Assembly is a breeze: the main parts are, after all, usually modular towers and feet, and more often than not, they come with the fitting kit necessary for installation. In short, you can put one together in no time.
The Truck Lot is Your Source for Genuine OEM Roof Racks -- Shop Online Now
So, which roof rack system is best for you? Choose one made by your brand. The roof racks it makes will fit the model you drive, guaranteed. We've got plenty to choose from in stock, from the normal to the heavy-duty, and you can order them right here. The same goes for other cargo accessories. Buy today, and we'll ship everything right to your door -- you'll be upgrading in no time.
No results found for "Cargo Box, Bed Rack, Ski/Snowboard, Kayak Carrier, Canoe Carrier, Cargo Basket, Roof Rack Platform". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!